Saturday 19 January 2013

To b(ottle) or not to b(ottle)


Bottling beer is a process that I find many homebrewers tire of, and instead opt for cornie kegs and the like. I can totally see why. Obtaining, storing, cleaning, sterilising, filling and storing (again) 40 beer bottles for every brew you do is a time consuming business. But at the moment I have the time and being a new brewer I'm yet to get bored of the repetition involved, so I'm going to keep bottling for now. Also, bottling beer is pretty much free, whereas the investment needed in kegs and CO2 is just something I don't have. 

The other reason I like bottling beer is that it's just convenient to have bottles of beer! I can stick a couple in the fridge easily, I can take them to brew-club, I can give them to people, and I can store them in a few boxes and move them around if I need to.

So here's how I did it:
Take these...
...then do this...

...then use these...
...to give you these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...