Wednesday 23 July 2014

Tafelbier - day 3


22/07/2014
S.G. 1.013


The fridge has worked really well and kept a pretty constant 17C. I understand that this is the low end of the scale for fermentation temperature, but I've read a few reviews of the yeast that suggest it kicks off a lot of bubblegum and banana at higher temperatures. As this is a low gravity quick drinker, I don't really want to be aging it for any time in order to remove off flavours.


At the moment the beer does taste pretty thin and, I guess, watery which isn't exactly what I wanted! But, this is a style brewed to be suitable for school children so I shouldn't be so surprised. I'm still looking forward to the finished beer which, when carbonated as well, should taste quite different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...